What is Pole Flow®?
The Pole Flow® Series is a culmination of what I’ve learned in 10 years of teaching pole and 29 years of dance.
It is a method of pole dance instruction where the focus isn’t on the attainment of tricks or extremes; it’s on revealing your creativity, musicality, mobility, and flow in a safe and limitless way.
Pole Flow was created to help you (people pursuing pole dance) to build a respectful relationship with your bodies, and to offer carefully crafted instructional videos that give you permission to move freely.
pole Flow® tutorials for purchase:
Pole Flow® videos include:
- Movement Preparation: These are the juicy, wavy, warm-ups. They are functional mobility sessions that enhance your awareness and movement abilities.
- Creative Fuel: You can’t run the creative engine without fuel. In these videos, I explain creative concepts that can take you on a unique movement journey.
- Pole + Floor Technique: These are the “how to do a thing/sequence” videos. Along with my best tips, I’ll always include ideas to help you create your own expression of the movements. Expect a blend of Slow + Low sessions, Static Rotations, and maybe a sprinkle of Spin Pole.
Many videos will cross boundaries, so be sure to read the descriptions first.
pole Flow® Rotations Series for purchase:
Pole Flow® Intensive programs:
2018 A BRAND NEW TYPE OF POLE FLOW®:
Until now, Pole Flow® Intensives were a blend of low flow, rotations, creative work, floor flow, and mobility development. Starting in 2018, PFI’s will be themed. Each will investigate a specific aspect of performing and instructing fluid movement.*
If you’ve attended a Pole Flow Intensive before, you can rest assured that each of 2018’s focused intensives are packed with new material. Plus, returning students can enjoy a returning student discount of 15% off.
Each PFI provides credit hours towards the Pole Flow Mentorship and Certification program. More information on that coming soon!
* The classic PFI model will continue in select locations:
- March 2-4, 2018: Paris, France (Pole & Dance Studio) - Slow + Low
- April 13-15, 2018: San Francisco (Inspiration Studios) - Static Rotations Mastery
- May 25-27, 2018: Austin (ATX Studio) - Slow + Low: Sultry Edition
- July 27-29, 2018: Amsterdam (To be Announced)
- August 18-21, 2018: Boulder, Colorado (Vertical Fusion) - The Articulate Body
- August 28-30, 2018: Boulder, Colorado (Vertical Fusion) - Slow + Low: Sultry Edition
- October 20-22, 2018: Portland, Oregon (Diva Den) - Slow + Low
Prices vary based on location and duration.
Want to host a Pole Flow Intensive in your studio? Submit your request HERE.
pole Flow® Workshops:
I have recently begun to post slow & low Pole Flow tutorials on Instagram's newly launched IGTV platform. Just head over to my profile (@marlofisken) for the link to my IGTV page, or here are the direct links to the first three tutorials I have posted: